About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Monday 19 May 2008

Poor Max



Last week, I noticed that Max had a swollen eye. I thought he probably had some sand in it, but I wasn't sure. I boiled the kettle, and made up a salt solution. Once it had cooled, I got hold of him and bathed his eye. He didn't like it much, but since he got a cuddle at the same time, he didn't run away! He ended up with a very wet face!

A little later, I then noticed that his other eye was swollen, not the one I had bathed! Ed had a look, and his whole nose and snout was swollen too. Ed was all for taking him to the vets, but I had just prepared his tea. He munched it as happily as usual, so he obviously wasn't actually ill.

As we watched him, both sides of his nose swelled up, and one eye nearly closed. Poor thing. We have no idea what he had an encouter with. He could have dug up some nasty ants, or got prickled by some toxic plants. He looked as though he had been beaten up.

No comments: