About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Friday 21 January 2011

Waterfalls




We decided to go for a walk, but somewhere different. A quick trip just a few miles away (south of Ontinyent - cv-81) and we parked up next to the waterfalls and pools that are a haven to swimmers in the summer.

We have passed by here many times, but never walked along the gorges before. There are steps leading down to the beautifully clear pools, and safe walk-ways enabling families to make the most of the scenery.

Although it was January, the pools were so clear and deep, I was sorely tempted to strip off and jump in! Good job I didn't have a towel in the car, otherwise I might have been persuaded!

There were lovely walkways around the pools, and also a footpath leading over the top of the cliffs, for the slightly more energetic. I'm not sure why we went this way, but certainly the view from the cliff-tops, back down to the pools was rather scarey! I laid down to look and wiggled as far forward as I dared! Ed of course, simply walked to edge and looked down!

No comments: