Wednesday, 30 December 2009
While I was in England, I got a concerned phone call from Ed, that the snow in Spain was so severe, many of the roads around Alcoy were blocked, and the pass we use to get to Alicante was dangerous.
I had to make a few phone calls (in Spanish) and he was right, the pass was dangerous even at 20 kph, so for him to pick me up now meant a very long drive, going a different way, to avoid the high peaks! Very kindly, one our our neighbours accompanied him, even though my flight wasn't due to land until 11pm. (In fact, it was delayed, so we didn't get home until after 2am)
The following day, there was still lots of snow on the mountains, and it stayed for about a week.