About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Friday 17 April 2009

Sunday with the Neighbours


We were invited to Easter Sunday dinner with the neighbours - paella. In a marked improvement from last year, where we struggled to speak to each other, this time we managed to chat away very well. The youngest sister speaks some English, as do Monica and Roberto, and the older sister speaks a little bit, along with her boyfriend. However, this time, I managed to speak mostly (bad) Spanish. When they other got stuck, searching for an English work, I asked them to speak in Spanish, then translated for them! We chatted about all sorts of things and managed very well.

I made a german cheesecake as my contribution and between us, we even managed to translate the recipe. (Although explaining the necessity of a spring sided cake tin took a lot of imagination!)

The photo is of little Alicia who loves dancing.

No comments: