About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Day Trip






After an initial hiccup in the arrangements, John and I agreed to meet in Benidorm at 11am today. I set off a little later than I wanted and got terribly held up in some traffic, but in the end, I arrived at the Benidorm toll at about 11, so I was only a little late. As I paid, I heard another motorbike beeping. I turned around to look, and John was in the queue at the adjacent toll! Both of us arrived at the same place, at the same time after travelling such a long way - perfect. We even managed to park right next to the promenade on the Levante beach.

We had a nice brunch, and a stroll around before heading off to Guadalest. I was adamant that he see it, before going back to Sheffield! First of all, we went down to the reservoir, which I hadn't done before. It was a lovely view of the castle and the water looked very tempting too (but I don't think swimming is allowed!). We had a drink in the old town on top of the hill and John was very impressed with the buildings.

On the way back, we stopped for some fuel, where you have to pay first, before you can use the nozzles. I have come across this before, but John wasn't very impressed at all!! Many things are backwards in Spain, but this is one of the more peculiar ones.

No comments: